Friday, April 16, 2010

The Mission



Oh I hate the mission. It is the most horribly challenging difficult thing I have ever tried to do in my life. The shin-kickers only make it worse.

I’ll try to stop whining. However, you must know that self-control is one of those things I have always struggled with. And the mission requires inordinate amounts of self control. Not just once a year during some grand event, but every single day.

And today was no exception. I was walking past Speaker’s Circle the other day and was challenged by a green man. I wanted to pummel him so bad. It would have made a great scene! But “Gonga” wouldn’t do something like that. And the mission light started flashing inside my head.

“Remember, remember, remember.”

Sometimes it’s hard to make friends with the random green men in Speaker’s Circle. But the mission makes it worth it.

What is the mission? Well, like I said earlier...



My purpose is to protect people from the face-smashers.

All people.

Anywhere.

Anytime.

Even the ones who come up and kick me in the shins for laughs.



I put that in italics and centered one night when I was feeling very poetic. Doesn’t it look like a poem now! Sometimes I’m brilliant at 2 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment